Tags were so popular when I first started blogging, but not so much nowadays, however when the lovely Parie from Class & Glitter tagged me to do this, I knew I had to, because the questions are fun (and I'm nosy, so I enjoyed reading her answers, and Hannah's too). I'd love to hear your answers to any of these questions!
1. What is the oldest makeup product in your collection? I'm quite good at decluttering every 6 months or so and I divide my makeup among my sister in law's nieces and the daughter of a friend of my mother, who all appreciate the bags of goodies when they receive them. Therefore, I don't have many very old items, but I think it's probably the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, which I still love and should replace!
2. What is your most recent makeup purchase? I recently repurchased YSL Faux Cils mascara, which is the ONLY mascara I used for years! It'll be featured in an upcoming post.
3. What is the first makeup product you ever used? I don't remember, exactly, but apart from lip balm, which isn't makeup (and clear mascara - why?!), it was probably mascara. Or at least, that was the first product I used regularly - prior to that, I'd raid my Mam's makeup bag and also wore nail polish when I was younger.
4. What is a makeup trend that you used to love but now you hate? Contouring. I just go for gentle definition now, and still can't fathom the sale of contour palettes - you don't need a whole palette!
5. What is a makeup trend that you used to hate but now you love? Lipstick - it's not a t trend, but I hated the feeling of lipsticks for years and only owned glosses!
6. What is your favourite step in your makeup routine? This is tricky - it's either applying foundation, or mascara. I love getting a fresh, even base, but also love how mascara opens my eyes up!
7. What is a makeup product you can’t live without? If I have lash extensions, and my brows done, then it's concealer, but without lash extensions, it's mascara!
8. What sparked your love for makeup? I honestly can't remember a time that I wasn't obsessed by beauty and I loved looking through my mother's makeup bag, as far back as aged 3/4. I worked in Boots when I was in uni and spent all of my wages there!
9. What is the worst makeup look you’ve ever done? Anything before I discovered the MAC 217 blending brush! Good Lord, looking back, I just think HOW? WHY? But that was before the days of blogs and youtube!
10. What is your favourite makeup look you’ve ever done? Anytime I recreate my wedding day makeup look (which I had professionally done), but I loved it so much, and love to recreate it. Either that, or any holiday makeup look!
11. What is your favourite drugstore makeup product? Tricky, because I'm a bit (lot) of a makeup snob, but probably any Catrice product - it really is a very under-rated brand.
12. What is your favourite splurge makeup product? Foundation. I'm happy to spend money to get my base to look fresh & dewy, without being greasy.
13. What is your most repurchased makeup product? Probably mascara or eye liner, as they have to be replaced so often. I tend not to go over a few months as I have very sensitive eyes, that react easily. They swell so badly that when I was younger, my brothers used to call be Beast from Beauty & the Beast!
14. What is your earliest makeup memory? Probably just playing with my Mam's makeup - I remember wearing a bright pink lipstick & blue eyeshadow, at around age 4, and thinking I was the bee's knees!
15. What is your favourite place to shop for makeup? I tend to shop mainly on Look Fantastic, as I can save 20% on most of my favourite brands, using my LYMIN code, or else on Cult Beauty, which has been a long-time favourite.
16. What is the most underrated makeup product you own? I don't hear enough people rave about Pat McGrath Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Under Eye Blurring Powder. Nothing else compares to it - I never set my concealer, prior to discovering this!
17. What is the most overrated makeup product you own? I don't think I have any, as I gave a lot away during my last declutter! I have a pretty curated collection right now (for me!).
18. What is a discontinued makeup product you wish would come back? I wrote a whole post on this here and still stand by all of them!
19. Where do you go for makeup inspiration? Some MUAs on Instagram, although I hate "Insta makeup" - I mean proper MUAs. Also, bloggers who I trust and know aren't selling out for a few quid.
20. What do you hope to see LESS OF in makeup’s future? Instagram makeup that I literally could not be paid to leave the house, wearing! I don't get the whole trying to outdo each other, with eyeshadow up to the brow and the more is more look. Each to their own, but it's not for me!
21. What do you hope to see MORE OF in makeup’s future? Less heavy makeup, as I think that young girls and women will need botox in their mid-twenties, if they keep piling the makeup on, which then requires a lot of work to remove! I'd love to see a move towards skin-like bases and natural, flattering eye looks.
I would LOVE to read your answers to some of these questions in the comments below, or if you do the tag yourself, please let me know, as I'd love to read it!
Thanks for reading!
Follow Beautylymin on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram for regular updates!
All products are bought by me, unless otherwise stated. Anything marked with a * has been kindly gifted, without obligation. I don't do sponsored posts. Opinion is always my own. Affiliate links may be used.
Post a Comment
I really love to read your comments & appreciate all of them!