Apart from the very famous Contour Kit, the product that most people associate with Anastasia Beverly Hills is their Brow Wiz. I have used the Brow Wiz for a few years after seeing so many beauty bloggers and youtubers rave about it when it was first released. There are lots of brow pencils from other brands out there, but none exactly the same....... until now!
Urban Decay recently released the Brow Beater Microfine Brow Pencil and Brush and there are so many similarities between the two that it would be difficult to rate one more highly than the other.
- Both products have a spooley on one end (essential for a brow pencil, in my opinion).
- Both products have a very fine nib, which is perfect for filling in brows and mimicking the look of eyebrow hair in a very natural way.
- Both have retractable nibs, which eliminates the need for a pencil sharpener. I love this feature because I don't always have a sharpener to hand, but also the fact that it is retractable means that even if you wind it up too much, you don't need to worry about breaking the nib or having trouble putting the lid back on.
- The packaging of both is very slim so it really takes up minimal space in your make-up bag.
- Both are very long-wearing. They do not fade or budge at all and are as perfect at the end of the day as they are when just applied.
I personally prefer to use a pencil to a brush and separate product as it's faster and easier so I really like both of these. Where Urban Decay fall short is in its shade range - there are only four: Dark, Neutral Brown, Taupe and Warm Brown, whereas there are nice shades available from Anastasia: Auburn, Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Brown, Ebony, Granite, Medium Brown, Soft Brown and Taupe.
Urban Decay products are widely available in Ireland and the UK in Debenhams, whereas Anastasia products can only be ordered online from Cult Beauty and BeautyBay. I like the packaging of both - the Brow Wiz is classic black and the Brow Beater is that bright purple that is synonymous with the brand.
Both products are €18.50 so really if you are trying to choose between the two, it comes down to whether you want to buy instore or online and shade preference.
What is your favourite brow product? If you usually use the Brow Wiz, are you tempted to give the Brow Beater a go?
Don't forget to enter my MAC Warm Neutrals Palette giveaway here.
Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment
I really love to read your comments & appreciate all of them!